Well hello there friends! It’s December, and with it comes deliciously crisp cold weather and the beginning of a wonderful holiday season. This is probably my most favorite time of year! So to celebrate, I will be doing a Holiday Giveaway!
As most of you know, I grew up in Trinidad & Tobago where we celebrated Christmas, only it was never a white Christmas, just a green one. Still, despite the lack of snow, it was definitely one of the most festive times of the year! Parties, food, family, singing and dancing in true Caribbean style with brilliant color and bold flavor. We ate traditional ethnic holiday foods like pastelles (meat or veggie-filled corn cakes cooked in banana leaves) or black cake (a rich pudding-like cake with plums and raisins soaked in rum, derived from English plum pudding). We drank signature drinks like punch-a-creme (a creamy egg, milk and rum drink) and sorrel wine (a tart drink made from the red sepals of the Roselle or sorrel plant). We listened to parang (music brought to Trinidad by Venezuelan migrants with guitar and chac-chac instruments). Parang comes from the Spanish word parranda which means merrymaking. As you can imagine, each culture had its own contribution whether it was through food or music or dance, which made it an incredibly unique holiday celebration. In my experience, there’s nothing like a Trini Christmas anywhere else in the world!
All you have to do to enter my Happy Holiday Giveaway is to share one of your own favorite holiday memories or say what you like best about the holiday season. This giveaway will end on December 16, 2011.
FIRST PRIZE: One personalized signed copy of BLOODSPELL by moi with bookmark and triquetra charm, plus one signed copy of HAVEN by Kristi Cook (one of the few remaining FIRST EDITION hardcovers) with top secret MIRAGE (the terrific HAVEN sequel) SWAG, plus a $10 iTunes/iBooks gift card!
SECOND PRIZE: One signed copy of CARRIER OF THE MARK by Leigh Fallon (how gorgeous is this cover) with bookmark, plus awesome SIRENZ (by Natalie Zaman and Charlotte Bennardo) SWAG — the most fabulously cool bookmarks with feathers, business card from Hades himself, and chocolate in the form of red stilettos!
– You must be at least 13 years old to enter.
– Contest/Giveaway is open internationally (*Please note that gift card denomination will be in $US dollars).
– Winners will be randomly selected using random.org, and will be notified via email.
– Winners have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be selected.
– I reserve the right to extend/end/change this contest without any advanced notification, or to disqualify any entrant as I see fit.
– I am not responsible for any lost or damaged prizes sent via the postal service. No replacement will be provided.
TO ENTER (please complete ALL four):
1) Leave a comment below on your favorite part of the holiday season as well as your name & email address so you can be contacted if you win (or if you prefer, you can provide your email address via the contact form on this site)
2) “Like” the Bloodspell Page or the Bloodspell Facebook Fan Page
3) Follow Me on Twitter
4) Become a fan or friend on Goodreads
*No worries if you already do the last three (thank you!!) or don’t have a Twitter/Facebook/Goodreads account, just say so, and then share this giveaway for extra entries.
Extra Entries (PLEASE LEAVE LINKS):
Like Haven on Facebook and follow @Kristi_Cook for one extra entry.
Like Sirenz on Facebook and follow @charbennardo and @Natalie_Zaman for one extra entry.
Like Carrier of the Mark on Facebook and follow @Leigh_Fallon for one extra entry.
Share this giveaway on Twitter (hashtag #AmalieHolidayGiveaway), Facebook, or your blog for one extra entry each. You will get credit for sharing this giveaway once daily, so if you share once a day for the next 7 days, you get 7 extra entries! The more you share, the greater your chances of winning. Just be sure to use the hashtag or let me know in the comments.
*Please leave links because I will check. No shenanigans please!