25 Things You Don’t Know About Me
Remember the whole “25 Things You Don’t Know About Me” phenomenon that swept across social media a few years ago? I’d forgotten about it until I saw something about Ice-T in one of those weekly periodicals this morning, and I remembered that I’d done a list like that. So I did a search for this note I’d posted on Facebook about 3 years ago, and it was really interesting to read considering I had forgotten almost half of them. Anyway, I thought I’d post it here for your enjoyment (with a few minor edits). I think I used a couple of these for the “Fun Facts” in my About Amalie page, but this is the original list. Funny!
25 Things You Don’t Know About Me
1. I lived in 5 countries before I was 21, and have traveled to more cities than I can count.
2. I used to stare at green traffic lights before they turned red hoping that miraculously my eyes would suddenly become green.
3. I crashed a Playboy Mansion Halloween party. Ok, so my friend was invited but she didn’t actually have a “plus 1,” so I crashed on a technicality.
4. For a girl who never wanted kids, I have 3 and am perfectly content, although I’d have more if I could.
5. I fenced in college (I still have my foil). I also taught an ice-skating class and played ice hockey–go figure for a girl who grew up in the Caribbean.
6. I wore braces for 4 years and my teeth are still crooked.
7. I went to an all girls high school where my mother was a teacher–I have to admit it was horrifying yet strangely convenient at the same time, especially when I needed 5 bucks for snacks.
8. For a person who majored in French and International Studies in college, I turned out to be a children’s writer. Go figure.
9. I watch The Vampire Diaries religiously.
10. Lateness and liars are my pet peeves.
11. I lived and studied in France for several years–I still look back on them as some of the best, most self-defining years of my life.
12. I am a black belt. Ok that’s a lie. I dreamed of becoming a kung fu master but never actually took a single class. I did 11 years of ballet though. Does that count?
13. I always thought I was going to marry a French guy and move back to France. Instead I married an Australian guy and will probably move to Australia. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
14. I love playing sports (all kinds) and I can run for miles during a game of soccer but despise running on a track or a treadmill or even a road.
15. I won a beauty pageant when I was 16.
16. I don’t enjoy museums. Well, except the Louvre but that was pretty amazing.
17. I am a closet gear head and I have speeding issues. My driving instructor told my parents when I was 16 that I had a “lead foot.” Some things never change.
18. I am a sucker for a good foot rub but don’t actually like to touch feet myself.
19. I have a photographic memory, although it’s probably less photographic now after 3 pregnancies.
20. My mom is my personal shopper. She is a style guru.
21. I have 3 tattoos and 7 piercings (ok, 6 of them are in my ears so nothing too risque).
22. I am addicted to surfing…as in actual wave surfing. Yes, I do have my own surfboard.
23. Being a mother changed my life. A couple years ago when I was pregnant, I went downstairs wearing purple plaid lounge pants and a purple shirt (if you’re thinking pregnant purple people eater, you’re on the right track), anyway my 4-year-old son at the time, Connor said, mommy you look beautiful (it’s the little things).
24. My idea of a great night out involves good conversation, good food and good wine, not necessarily in that order.
25. I have an incredibly hot husband (who “subtly” suggested this last item) but yes, I’d have to agree.
AprilMay 28, 2012 at 4:00 pm (11 years ago)
I knew some of them :). You ny far my friend have led a life of awesomeness and so much more to come!Reply