My Top 10 Book Confessions
I originally wrote this for a blogger who asked me to do a guest post entitled My Top 10 Books Confessions, (title credit: YA Indie Princess). However, I don’t believe it ever got posted on her site. Since I’m not one to waste good content, I’ll post it here for your enjoyment, only because I think some of them are pretty darn funny. Then again, any self-assessment of my own humor is going to be on the high end of awesome. But seriously, what do I know? I think the “oooo” cat from Puss In Boots does though. Smart ass cat.
Top 10 Book Confessions – Amalie Howard
10. As a teenager, I was addicted to Sweet Valley High and V.C. Andrews. I still have a copy of Petals on the Wind.
9. I invented a reusable book cover to camouflage the Harlequin/Mills & Boon romance novels I used to steal from my grandmother’s stash so that I could read them at home.
8. I can read freakishly fast. An average-length novel will take me a couple hours—I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in about four hours.
7. Once I get into a series I like, I can get a bit obsessive. I read the first four Game of Thrones books in one week earlier this year.
6. Sometimes I like books more than people.
5. When my husband travels, a Judith McNaught or Julie Garwood book always helps take the edge off being alone. I’ve probably read Until You about fifty times.
4. Scariest book I ever read growing up was It by Stephen King.
3. A book about anorexia called The Best Little Girl in the World by Steven Levenkron probably saved me from a terrible fate.
2. Some film adaptations, like Fight Club, are more satisfying than the books.
1. I’ve never not finished a book. Even if I really dislike a book, I will always finish it.
Jen @ A Book and a LatteMay 8, 2012 at 6:48 pm (11 years ago)
ZOMG, I LOVE this post! This is a genius idea for a post. I’m so jealous that you can read fast… I feel like I’m such a slow reader but I’m probably average. Holy crap, in high school Judith McNaught (Perfect is my fav) and Julie Garwwod were my FAVORITE romance authors. I think I’ve read everything they’ve written up until about 10 years ago. Oh, and #9, yeah… I totally had a fabric book cover (actually, I still have it somewhere) that I used to hide my romance novel covers. LOL!
adminMay 9, 2012 at 9:26 am (11 years ago)
That’s awesome!! I love the fake book covers! Yeah, I’m a big fan of Judith McNaught (Whitney My Love is my fav) and Julie Garwood. 🙂